Job title: Application Engineer
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
Salary: Competitive Salary
An additive Manufacturing company is looking for an Application Engineer to join a well reputable company. In this role you will provide technical support to Key Account Managers to evaluate client parts for AM by managing the actions and progress of the business to meet the requirements of its customers.
- Provide Technical support to Key Account Managers
- Understand customer technical needs and propose accurate solutions when needed
- Take part in client joint work sessions to define client eligibility parts
- Propose AM design optimization when needed
- Meeting customers face to face
- Provide quotations and costings to customers and ensure feasibility reviews
- The ability to define manufacturing workflow: design, simulation, production, heat treatment, controls, certification, and documentation in line with customer’s needs or requirements.
- The individual must gather costs and lead time information for the complete production workflow.
- Share technical description and associated estimate with key account manager
- Take part in quotation review processes initiated by the commercial team
- Ensure smooth operation throughout all sub-contracted activities and follow-up cost, quality, and delivery schedule.
- The ability to plan sub-contracted activities and implement part acceptance protocol.
- Manage day to day activities, including welcoming guests and visitors to the showroom and present the parts and machines displayed.
- Communicate with the maintenance team and plan intervention when required
Experience and qualifications:
- Provision in German and English is essential
- 5+ years of experience in design modelling
- Experience in Metal Additive Manufacturing
- The ability to understand the client’s needs and can challenge their requirements when necessary.
- Aptitude to coordinate and follow up sub-contracting activities
- Experience in using a CAD software
- The ability to travel around 50%
Join our newsletter
Sign up to discover the latest jobs, market insights, blogs and more
All content copyrighted Kensington Additive © All rights reserved