Senior Additive Manufacturing Applications Engineer
As a Senior Additive Manufacturing Applications Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the aerospace and additive manufacturing fields. Your responsibilities will include engaging with customers in early-stage sales discussions to transform their ideas into well-defined requirements and proposals. You will leverage your expertise in additive manufacturing (AM) and cutting-edge software to optimize customer designs for both printability and performance. This involves developing support and compensation strategies aimed at achieving successful first-time printing with the highest quality standards. You will collaborate with a world-class engineering team, interfacing with program managers, materials and process engineers, technicians, machinists, quality experts, and company leadership. This position reports to the Director of Materials and Manufacturing Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities / Results:
- Research end users’ needs by communicating with sales and directly engaging with clients, including potential travel to trade shows and customer sites.
- Optimize part files to improve printability, post-processing ease, and functionality.
- Generate build layouts and files for various laser powder bed fusion printing equipment.
- Enhance organizational expertise in AM process simulation, topology optimization, and generative design, including software assessment and acquisitions.
- Develop support structures and machining plans for product realization, utilizing both additive and subtractive methods.
- Collaborate with the CNC machining team to provide estimates for full CNC and AM/CNC hybrid projects.
- Support the quoting process by producing build time, machining time, and other essential information for accurate and timely quotes.
- Actively participate in team problem-solving, process improvement, and decision-making.
- Lead internal initiatives to improve quoting, design, and manufacturing workflows.
- Over time, serve as a mentor, educator, and engineering technical resource for the organization.
- Problem Solving: Identifying and analyzing problems, evaluating options, and implementing effective solutions.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to assess strengths and weaknesses of different solutions and approaches.
- Innovation: Generating creative and novel solutions in work situations, exploring different approaches to address challenges and opportunities.
- Quality Orientation: Completing tasks meticulously, considering all aspects, and maintaining high standards. Following procedures and ensuring high-quality results.
- Customer Focus: Prioritizing the customer’s perspective in business decisions, crafting service practices that align with customer needs and organizational goals.
- Interpersonal Skills: Building and sustaining constructive and cooperative relationships with colleagues and partners over time.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to discover the latest jobs, market insights, blogs and more
All content copyrighted Kensington Additive © All rights reserved