Service Engineers are responsible for offering customers maintenance and repair assistance for CNC machine tools, either on-site or through telephone support.
Essential Job Functions:
To succeed in this role, individuals must perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements outlined below represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customers with maintenance, repair, and installation assistance for CNC machine tools on-site or via telephone.
- Create and update documentation of technical information.
- Develop, prepare, generate, and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports related to Service.
- Demonstrate a willingness to help others and collaborate as a team member, often working with Customer’s Service Engineers.
- Offer assistance and training to Customer’s Service Engineers on the installation and maintenance of newer product lines.
- Establish and build exemplary communication and customer service relationships with customers.
- Manage challenging customer situations positively, respond promptly to customer needs, and seek customer feedback to enhance service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in a technical field of study preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance of CNC machine tools.
- Experience working with machines, Fanuc, Mitsubishi, and/or Siemens controls is a PLUS.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with an exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively in person and over the phone with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to read mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and sequence (PLC) ladder diagrams.
- Basic computer literacy with a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Adaptability to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, and dealing with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to discover the latest jobs, market insights, blogs and more
All content copyrighted Kensington Additive © All rights reserved