The General Manager oversees the business in North America, based at the head office in Illinois. They manage team members in Michigan State, covering sales, engineering, service support, and repair for the product. The role involves expanding the business by improving sales activities and strengthening the engineering function for selling more integrated systems of nut-runner and servo press. On a day-to-day basis, they communicate, consult, and discuss with team members, upper management, and the manufacturer in Japan to organize the business effectively. In collaboration with the Sales & Marketing Group, the General Manager expands the customer base through sales activities in various industries, including Automotive, Construction equipment, Agricultural equipment, and Japanese accounts.
- Assumes responsibility and evaluates, diagnoses, and provides timely, appropriate responses and resolutions to prospective users and the manufacturer.
- Travels between the Head Office in Illinois and the facility in Michigan to promote and build a strong team environment among all employees at the Michigan facility.
- Collaborates with team members, including sales and engineers, located in Michigan State, and the Sales & Marketing Group at the head office in Illinois State.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion to prepare solutions related to the product for users’ best satisfaction.
- Contacts and visits prospective users to expand the customer base.
- Strengthens the capability of system integration of nut-runner and servo press.
- Reports and consults with upper management for the appropriate management of the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable team members to perform the necessary functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with prospective users, the manufacturer, and internal personnel.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to accomplish sales activities and receive orders of the system without direct supervision.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate ideas, strategies, problems, and solutions in both verbal and written forms to co-workers, customers, and the manufacturer.