Senior Applications Engineer
A company that specializes in metal injection moulding is hiring a Senior Applications Engineer, who will play a crucial part in fostering the growth of the business.
This person will be responsible for strategically planning and executing the design, development, and promotion of new products, applications, and markets. Additionally, they will provide essential support to the commercial sales team for revenue growth and the product launch team for effective and successful production approval processes, ensuring the smooth introduction of new products into manufacturing by serving as a key technical resource.
- Develop engineering quotations for manufacturing new products.
- Recommend design changes for customer components to ensure manufacturability.
- Lead the manufacturing and delivery of all engineering and prototype samples.
- Lead technical/engineering discussions with customers and represent customers in technical/engineering discussions with internal teams.
- Support the development of new materials with the materials technology team for existing customers and new customer market opportunities.
- Individuals directed by management to operate a vehicle for work purposes will observe the requirements of the Fleet Safety Program.
- Support, promote, and perform in a manner consistent with continuous improvement goals and the values of the organization, including following the policies, procedures, and requirements of our quality management and environmental management systems.
- Travel as needed with commercial teams to customers. Travel should be minimal but is necessary.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or related work experience.
- 5 years of related experience in Powdered Metals Applications.
- Required and Preferred Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read blueprints/schematics.
- Knowledge of CAD solid model software.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Core competency with conventional powder metal experience.
- Data-driven mindset in identifying and prioritizing opportunities and issues.
- Energetic and self-driven professional with a high degree of customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking ability, and problem-solving capacity.
- Proven ability to manage deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task.
- High degree of integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Capable of developing accurate, data-driven forecasts to drive the business planning process.
- Capable of providing proactive analysis of opportunities and risks.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to discover the latest jobs, market insights, blogs and more
All content copyrighted Kensington Additive © All rights reserved