Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide customers with maintenance, repair, and installation assistance for CNC machine tools on location or by telephone.
- Create and update documentation of technical information.
- Develop, prepare, generate, and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to Service.
- Demonstrate a willingness to help others and be a team member, often working together with Customer’s Service Engineers.
- Provide assistance and training to Customer’s Service Engineers on the installation and maintenance of newer product lines.
- Establish and build exemplary communication and customer service relationships with customers.
- Manage difficult customer situations in a positive manner, respond promptly to customer needs, and solicit customer feedback to improve service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in a technical-related field of study preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance of CNC machine tools.
- Experience working with SEIKI machines, Fanuc, Mitsubishi, and/or Siemens controls is a PLUS.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with exceptional customer service orientation.
- Must be able to interact and effectively communicate in person and over the phone with people at all levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to read mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and sequence (PLC) ladder diagrams.
- Basic computer literacy and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Minimum of 50% travel in a multi-state region; drive or fly depending on distance. Employee is expected to work at the Technical Center when not visiting customers.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to discover the latest jobs, market insights, blogs and more
All content copyrighted Kensington Additive © All rights reserved