A leading company is currently seeking to add a Quality Engineer to their team. The selected candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring customer satisfaction through effective communication, timely responses, and follow-up on customer concerns, internal defects, scrap performance, and financial performance. The Quality Engineer will also be responsible for administering all quality management systems and meeting ISO 14001 requirements within the Quality function.
- Coordinate activities related to customer complaints, including customer interface, portals, scorecards, immediate response actions, root cause analysis, and corrective/preventive actions.
- Identify, prevent, and analyze defects, both internal and external.
- Track internal and external defects, reporting information for problem-solving analysis, error-proofing, and continuous improvement.
- Review and approve PPAP submissions to customers, ensuring all customer requirements are met during PPAP builds.
- Support APQP activities for new product launches and product/process changes, including the implementation of customer-specific requirements.
- Conduct internal Quality Audits and external Supplier Audits, reporting findings and assisting with corrective actions.
- Play a key role in the development and maintenance of Control Plan, PFLOW, and PFMEA.
- Ensure gage capability and statistical methods are accountable.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, including scrap and labor reductions and elimination of redundant inspections.
- Lead communication and resolution of vendor-related issues, including issue communication and follow-up on vendor corrective actions.
- Train and educate the workforce on Quality principles through various methods.
- Operate a vehicle for work purposes while observing the requirements of the Fleet Safety Program.
- Support, promote, and perform in line with continuous improvement goals and the company’s values, including adherence to Quality Management and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems policies.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification.
- Six Sigma experience.
- Ability to read and interpret customer drawings and specifications.
- Data-driven mindset in identifying and prioritizing opportunities and issues.
- Energetic and self-driven professional with a high degree of customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking ability, and problem-solving capacity.
- Good team player with the ability to function in a cross-functional organization.
- Proven ability to manage deadlines, prioritize, and multitask.
- Demonstrates a comfort level in interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, find root causes, and initiate corrective actions.
- High degree of integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to discover the latest jobs, market insights, blogs and more
All content copyrighted Kensington Additive © All rights reserved